I'm an Associate Professor at the University of Houston. I work in epistemology, philosophy of religion, and ethics. I'm also the director of the LATAM Bridges in the Epistemology of Religion. The project is generously funded by the John Templeton Foundation.
Fa 2021 - Social Epistemology
Fa 2021 - Intro to Philosophy
Sp 2021 - The Problem of Evil (Grad Seminar)
Sp 2021 - Intro to Philosophy
- (Under Contract) Externalism About Knowledge. Oxford University Press.
- (2022) Propositional and Doxastic Justification: New Essays on their Nature and Significance. Routledge. (w/ Paul Silva Jr.)
- (2020) Common Sense Metaphysics: Essays in Honor of Lynne Rudder Baker. Routledge. (w/ Kevin Corcoran)
- (forthcoming) "Aesthetic Higher-Order Evidence for Subjectivists" (w/ Christy Mag Uidhir), in British Journal of Aesthetics.
- (forthcoming) "Propositional Justification and Doxastic Justification" (w/ Paul Silva Jr.), in The Routledge Handbook of Evidence, by Maria Lasonen-Aarnio and Clayton M. Littlejohn (eds.). Routledge.
- (2022) "Epistemic Consent and Doxastic Justification" in Propositional and Doxastic Justification: New Essays on their Nature and Significance, by Luis Oliveira and Paul Silva (eds.). Routledge: 286-312.
- (2022) "Hermeneutic Injustices: Practical and Epistemic" in Interpretation und Geltung, by Andreas Mauz and Christiane Tietz (eds.). Brill: 107-123.
- (2021) "Vagueness and the Problem of Evil: a New Reply to van Inwagen," Manuscrito - Revista Internacional de Filosofia, 44 (4): 49-82.
- (2021) "Evading the Doxastic Puzzle by Deflating Epistemic Normativity." in Epistemic Duties: New Arguments, New Angles, by Scott Stapleford and Kevin McCain (eds.). Routledge: 44-62.
- (2021) "Clifford, William Kingdom" in The Encyclopedia of Philosophy of Religion, by Stewart Goetz and Charles Taliaferro (eds.). Wiley-Blackwell.
- (2020) "Sceptical Theism and the Paradox of Evil" Australasian Journal of Philosophy 98 (2):319-333. (Translated to Portuguese by Sergio Miranda and Reprinted in (2021) Themes in Philosophy of Religion, edited by Bertato, F., Salvatore, N.C., Trepczyński, M., Coleção CLE, Vol. 86, Campinas: Brazil.
- (2020) "Quatro Desafios Céticos ao Saber," Direito e Filosofia: Em Busca do Saber, by Antonio José Pêcego (ed.). Brazil Publishing: 144-176.
- (2018) "Deontological Evidentialism and Ought Implies Can" Philosophical Studies 175(10): 2567-2582.
- (2018) "Ampliative Transmission and Deontological Internalism," Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 99 (2): 174-185.
- (2017) "Cornell Realism, Explanation, and Natural Properties." (w/ Timothy Perrine) European Journal of Philosophy 25 (4): 1021-1038.
- (2017) "Deontological Evidentialism, Wide-Scope, and Privileged Values," Philosophical Studies 174 (2): 485-506.
- (2017) "Como Ser um Naturalista Filosófico Responsável," Revista Brasileira de Filosofia da Religião 4 (1): 9-25.
- (2016) "Rossian Totalism About Intrinsic Value," Philosophical Studies 173 (8): 2069-2086.
- (2015) "Non-Agential Permissibility in Epistemology," Australasian Journal of Philosophy 93 (2): 389-394.